Monday, June 13, 2011

Being fair!

Day 9
Maybe it comes down to morals, or maybe I have just been paying too much attention to my law and ethics class this term, but some people are down right mean!

So as I have said I have been couponing for a little over a month before I started this blog. One thing I found out quickly is that there are mean shelf clearers in my area.


A shelf clearer is someone who just because they have the coupon capacity for it will take everything off the shelf. No one else can get this deal after they have done this! At my Walgreens the store has even gone as far to put little notes out saying they are sorry that these items are out of stock and they will not be offering rain checks! Last night I went to Wal-mart to get in on a great deal. Use the $2.00 off Dial body wash coupons from this Sundays insert and buy a travel size body wash...by doing that you get 1.03 overage you can use on other products you do not have coupons for. When I got there I only found 1. The one I found I had to dig for so whoever grabbed the others didn't know they forgot one, yeah! But I still have 3 of those coupons I would like to use!

Another thing I have noticed is that some people like to take peelies. Now if there is a tear pad on a display I will take a couple of those coupons but peelies are stuck right on the product. like this...

That I feel is not right! If you have a coupon for the product and you want to combine it with a peelie buy the product, don't take the peelie off a product you are not buying just because you like the savings!

Well here is my last pet peeve. I decided because of people like these I would wake up early yesterday and get the garnier deal at Albertsons (buy 2 garnier shampoo or conditioners - makes them 2.50 each. use 2 printable 1.00 off garnier coupon and the Albertsons twice the value coupon makes the final price .50 cents each). So I walked down to the store at 7 am. I bought 2 local papers from the cashier and went to look for my twice the value coupons. I had planned on buying the shampoo and conditioner and some cat food. I had no problem finding the albertsons ad so I grabbed the shampoo and conditioner but when I headed down the pet isle I realized that I still couldn't afford the cat food I had a coupon for so I went to look through my papers I realized that someone had taken the smart source and red plum coupons! Pouting I walked up to the cashier who was looking at a paper himself when I walked up and began my transaction. 

"Really quick, can you check that paper and see if there are any red plum and smart source coupons in there, mine didn't have any." I said
" I was just wondering about that myself, " he said. "Another lady was looking at the papers for a bit before she bought hers and I think she took a lot of the adds out."

We confirmed that my paper had been rummaged through and the inserts had been taken so he went to a just opened bundle of papers and grabbed me 2 more. When I got home I realized that these two had been gone through but I at least had the red plum inserts.Worried that I wouldn't get the coupons I needed I later sent my husband back to the store to get a Portland based paper.

But why if your going to buy a paper anyway, why not buy 2 or 3, not steal from other people buying the paper! Be fair!

there that's my little soap box for the day. Hope you all have a good day.

2 comments:

  1. I could not agree with you more! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. OK, I got all caught up w/your blogs Jo. I got behind LOL Like I said in another comment, I really appreciate you taking the time to thoroughly explain how to better coupon. I am still slowly picking it up. Every little bit helps, that's how I look at it. Oh, also, I get food stamps. Don't be ashamed. I used to be but then I realized I worked my @$$ off for a decade and put plenty of money into the government, so I don't feel bad anymore. And neither should you!:)

    ReplyDelete