Saturday, June 11, 2011

Some hits and misses

Day 7
During the week it's a bit hard for me to post but I will get better.
I do check facebook and my blogs every day. I have even created a facebook for this page here. When I find out deals via facebook or the blogs I usually share them on Face Book.

I did do a couple attempts at shopping this week. 1 was really successful, the other to not so bad. I have an hour long break during school on Tuesdays and Thursdays so I rushed over to Shopko. For thise of you who know Shopko ( they do not have meny locations). I love the place because of thier great clearnace deals. I was able to get a set of 4 glasses for a friends bridal shower tomorrow for only $4.99. The sad part is that they have a really great deal on Pringles ($1.00 each) but they do not accept the food stamp card. (Yes I am on food stamps, no I don't plan to stay that way thus part of this whole couponing craze). Didn't need them anyway :)

On the way home from school that night I decided run to Wal-Mart and give in to my idea that carrying around a coupon binder would make me look silly. I already had a zipper binder that I was using for school, so I was able to grad some baseball card holders for about $5. 

Yesterday (even though it still feels like today for me) I decided to put all of my cut out manufacturers coupons into the binder. Would you believe it took me almost 4 hours??? But I felt so much better ater I did it. Now I shouldn't have an excuse for missing any coupons as long as I have my binder with me. I don't have to shuffle through my small cardboard organizer as much. I did decide to put all of my printable coupons back into my cardboard organizer though, they didn't fit nicely into the baseball card pockets. Plus I have made a conscious decision to keep coupon books I get from say, Albertsons or Walgreens,I can put them in the little file folder part of my binder :)

My really successful trip (yesterday) was at Safeway (known by different names in different places.) Right now they are running a sale when you buy 8 participating items they take off an extra .50 cents. Here is what I bought.
Each of these I had a coupon for.
Original price was $2.49 when you use it as part of the sale it goes down to 1.99 each
- $1.00 off of 2 = 2.98 total
(actual picture from the Safeway ad)
as you can see, these are also 1.99 each using the Mix and Match sale.
-$1.00 off of 2= 2.98


(again another ad picture)
2 = 1.58
- .50 off of 2 = 1.08

on sale these were 1.69 each, I bought 2
-1.00 off of 2 coupon = 2.38

So my grand total for all 8 items = $9.42
Total year to date savings = 25.38

1 comment: