Monday, June 6, 2011

day 3 (read day 2 first ) :)

Target has become one of my favorite stores! You can really get some great deals there. For one, they have a savings card. For those who have good credit (not me!) it can be a credit card used only at Target . Option 2 is a debit card that is directly attached to your bank account, all you need is a blank check. Both of these cards takes 5% off of your entire purchase, even clearance items!

Another little snippet of info that is good to know... Target offers printable coupons that can be used in combination with manufactures coupons. Get coupons here! In the past month that I have been collecting coupons I have been printing these coupons as well. I used to think that shopping at Target was only for Christmas and when you have extra money but lately I have walked out of the store paying less then $20 and having more then one item in my bag.

Here is what I did today.
From Target.com
I had 2 coupons I printed out a couple of weeks ago for $2 off of a women's top. These Merona tops are on sale this week for $6, with my coupon that made them only $4 each. I ran into a little snag at the register though. Apparently the coupon I had limited the coupon 1 per transaction. (always read the small print!) thankfully the cashier was nice about it and let us do three separate transactions. I will explain how that works in a bit.

Here is my third transaction
Here is how it worked out.
The Pampers sensitive wipes are 1.97 right now. Pampers sends you coupons if you sign up on their website here . My coupon was for $1.50 - final cost= .47 cents. Pocket change hehe :)

Up and Up is Target's store brand.
I had a 10% off 2 office supplies Target coupon.
Binder clips original price $1.49 - 10% = 1.34
Paper clips original price $1.29 - 10% = 1.16

I also had .50 cents off up and up beauty supply.
Small bag of cotton balls, original cost .97 cents - coupon = .47 cents

In today's paper was the Crest Pro health for me (the kids toothpaste I mentioned in day 2)
original price $2.79 each which means it would be $5.58 if I paid full price for both. I paid $3.58

I printed out an Aleve coupon a while back but I can't remember where I got it from. A good resource for coupons you need that you can't find is a coupon data base. The one I use most often is a full cup.com . You can search for lots of different coupons here. Anyways...
Aleve 50 ct, original price $5.39 - 2.00 printable coupon = $3.39

My total for all of the items in my third transaction if I didn't use coupons would have been $16.69. With coupons we paid only $10.41. Not bad that means I saved $6.28. See I am learning.

Back to the idea of doing multiple transactions. Usually it isn't much hassle, however a word of advice ( this comes from many sources) if your multiple transactions are going to be large, let people with smaller items go after you have made your first transaction. After all, everyone hates long lines and I for one do not like to keep people waiting. My transactions were small. Usually Target has deals where you buy a certain amount of a product ( like 3 packages of Huggies Diapers) and get a $5.00 gift card. It is a good idea if you plan to make a purchase to get the $5 card to have your first transaction be the things you are purchasing for said card. Then take the card and use it towards another transaction. If it is slow, most cashiers will not mind doing the transactions back to back but please keep other customers in mind.

well that's my day/ days thus far. running total of saving starting today $6.28
later 'today' after a doctors appointment I am going to go to Walgreens. My second favorite store :)

1 comment:

  1. I think you are doing a great job, and I appreciate you taking the time to blog about it!

    ReplyDelete