Sunday, July 10, 2011

My views on blog match ups

Several of the blogs I read offer match ups. Match ups are when the blogger looks at the ad and has knowledge of their own coupon inventory or coupons that are available from other sources. One website that almost every one checks is the Sunday preview.

I don't know how this website gets it's sources but they are usually right depending on which insert you actually get. Metro news papers differ from suburban news papers, thus the reason why I started buying different papers other then just my local paper.

Bloggers live all over the us, and some even in Canada. The cost of living is different in other cities as well so when you read a blogger's coupon match up you have to take into consideration where they are coming from. I am lucky enough to live in a state that doesn't pay sales tax so if I were to do a match up it would be slightly different then other places. Also some locations price differently based on the local area so if I read a blog from say Portland which is 100 miles away from me, some of our deals will not match up exactly either.

Bloggers tend to give you a key to read their match ups as well. once you get the key down it isn't all gibberish but it still is a bit to keep track of so I have taken to glance at their match ups and then go to the stores web site (say Walgreens for instance) and check the ad myself for my area so that I can figure out what will work for me.

Basically in short, what I am saying is go ahead and read the match ups but also do your own research, maybe you will catch something they didn't!

No comments:

Post a Comment